Wednesday 6 April 2011

A catch up and snuggle socks...x

I think your wishes for Somerset sunshine were finally heard. Thank you ever so much.
The dining room window is a beast, she's high maintenance and demands much attention ( I am sure there is a joke in here that Mr.Q would find amusing.....)
We are still battling on painting her now that the sun is here, and I think we are winning....


What a slog though!!! Don't worry Mr.Q has a special thing wot scrapes off such paints and stuffs from the glass...hummmm hope it works!
This is a bit of a catch up post of sorts, I feel that this week I have abandoned my lovely blog, which I find so much joy in writing and making. Busy, busy, busy....you all know the feeling.....
But can we just touch on Mother's day? This was the one day we left the windows to it - and gorged chocolate croissants for breakfast, and on lovely roast chicken and chocolate roulade. I danced with the bumblebee's in the lounge to Olly Murs and Katy Perry, and enjoyed re-reading homemade cards........


I hope all you Mummies had a lovely day....what did you get up too? I have my mummy coming down to visit in a few weeks, so we will have a jolly time together then too, you know really, she will just want to spend time with the bumblebee's eat cakes and drink tea.......this is one inherited gene I enjoy!!



Right catch up No.2.....my knit and natter stitch and bitch was great! Pictures will follow soon, but I made this lovely patchwork design all in a morning...and whilst having a good old gossip too!!!


I was going to make a blanket, BUT I realised ( once I had seen my friends larger shapes....size does matter ladies...) that it would take me forever to do....then I thought of a dolly blanket for the bumblebee's dolly wolly's, but actually, I am going to stitch it onto this old Ikea cushion......

Oh........look at these dinky little shoes. Yup little bumblebee is off school....again. She has the horrid coughing fits and high temperatures.....again. Sweet little thing is such a trooper, all she wanted was a snuggle on the sofa, her ducky and her snuggle socks.......




And why ever not?! I love being needed. Does make me broody you know...........Eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment