Monday 21 March 2011

A girly post.............................x


Just a few of my favourite outfits today, really I could have just used many, many, many pictures of Helena Bonham Carter ....that lady loves a petticoat with lace up boots!
But variety is also good.
I also am on the look out for some nice vintage dress patterns, in the hope of re-creating some thing from below, on a tighter budget.....as always!








Bjork's swan dress has always had a place in my heart!!! Can you imagine rocking up at school pick up with that on! And I would, I really would......
Now we all love a Cath Kidston print, BUT I do have a little problem with some of the clothes. Well a few actually.
They are pricey.....very pricey.
Some  Most outfits are dry clean only....what use is this to a mummy?????
The two tops I had bought ( in the sale ladies ) were, ummmmmmmm.........eeerrr......NOT 12's. One was huge, and one was tiny. And made from very cheap cotton, which stretches and stretches with time.

The answer, I think, lies in Charity shops and jumble sales, where we can customize our finds ( not in the style of Gok Wan....whoever spends £50 + just customizing????!!! ) and eventually hope to look something like this....


Obviously we would look less frazzled, and more yummy mummy?! I hope?!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Yay for yummy mummies - though gawd knows how you pull off the casual look and all in budget too. Charity shops it is then.

    take care,

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete