Wednesday 2 March 2011

beam love, beam love...........................x

I have this little folder..........( well quite a big bulging folder )
Inside are my prettys and inspirations, cut out from magazines and kept to make me happy. And they do, make me ever so happy.



Friends and family know I have had a little thing about painted beams for a while now.......I am aware how divided people are on this, but I love the clean crispness of that Scandinavian style, and with our eclectic home I think a bit of clean crispness is in order to tone it all down!!


And so....while Mr.Q was climbing the roof last week....( don't ask.........we had a hole in the wall and a leaky lean- to roof...good old Mr.Q to the rescue has fixed it..... ( but as with all old houses...it's just fixed for now! ) I decided to get going on my beams. Now I know I should have sanded them, used the proper paint for the job etc etc...but I have tut tut used normal emulsion  paint....so far so good!
Now our beams are real, just not that old....and I really don't like that horrid dark stain people put on them...makes me itch just thinking about it....


And tut tut I didn't remove any furniture...just painted around it all, in fact some pieces were extremely useful to stand on......and the bumblebee's enjoyed jumping over and around it all too...



Three or four coats later...ta daaaaaaaaa. It was a lovely bright room to begin with but now.....ahhhhhh.
And I think it shows up the lovely beam across the fireplace too...think this is elm?????
I am super duper sooo pleased with it...I have the bug now.........I think the flooring the dining room must be painted white now AND the kitchen floor and beams too...........oooh I love it when a plan comes together.
You likey?
xxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. I likey very much!! looks luvely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def the right thing to do, it looks absolutely gorgeous! Fancy coming to re-design our house and do all the work too???? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lovelies.......you are too kind! x

    ReplyDelete