Wednesday 8 June 2011

Bowie fizz and paints.............x



Today I started writing in this happy bloggy place of mine like I always do....with a cup of tea. And today I'm listening to Bowie too......he's one of my most favs, I love his individualism ( is that a word?! ), his strangeness, his songs absoblinkin-lutely. But I think really he reminds me of being little. My mum and dad bless them, have great music taste...well most of the time, and music was always on in the house, mum usually in the kitchen with the radio on, then dad would be somewhere in the house, and you need not search for him.....just follow the guitar strumming.....When I met Mr.Q I was shocked he couldn't tell his Fleetwood Mac from his Bob Dylan.........I'll be honest...it was a stumbling point! But we are getting there, and Q enjoys a bit of Bowie/Beatles/Rollingstones  with the best of 'em!

Wednesdays are usually filled with helping the schools swimming lessons in the afternoon, but today I had lots of little jobs and errands to run. We have the village garden party this weekend, and I am not fully ready for my role on the raffle stall....so swimming was a no go today, though, have I got anything useful done?!!! It depends what you call useful....

Finishing painting the kitchen beams? useful to me...
Beginning painting the long over due plate rack? again a selfish useful...
Making Elderflower fizz?....hold on this is also useful for the Q!.........

I couldn't resist a little doggie walk this morning, I stumbled upon some elderflower, had seen a recipe for fizzy at the lovely Tabiboo lady's blog......go here to find it.



feeling the need now to share some Bowie love with you all.........

No comments:

Post a Comment