Friday 24 June 2011

The week.....x




This week apart from tending to poorly bumblebee's,  I have been.............................................




Crafting with the girls, therapeutic and good for the soul..............we got lost in collage for a few hours. Music on, and glue sticks in hand.......
I was also getting on with a giant window sized poster for the up coming Village dog show and summer fete.....I had problems with how I wanted it to look, but also it being eye catching enough. I'm not one for fluorescent cards.........I hope it will do......it's amazing how much enjoyment can be had using potato prints.
This has got me thinking alot about printing though. Even though the last time was at college many years ago, I think I am going to experiment with some lino soon....




Cherry jam baby is the way forward........................ummmy yummy, try some, once you have - there's no going back....


Cherry Jam:

4lbs cherries stoned and halved.
2 1/2 lbs sugar.
Juice of 2 lemons.

Pop all ingredients into a heavy based pan onto a medium heat.
Usual jam making applies - rolling boil, taking off the froth/scum.
Wait until setting point is reached ( use a spoon and plate to see if liquid sets, the surface  should wrinkle slightly one cooled ).....
You are ready to fill up some pre-steamed jars ( pop into an oven for about 15 minutes at gas.4 )....

 x Enjoy! x



No comments:

Post a Comment