Friday 15 July 2011

Newbies..........x


It's Friday, and the sun is shinning in Somerset.........how perfect.





A very nice friend, kindly passed me a bag of leftover fabric from her daughter's bedroom. She described it as a Toile style animal print, and my goodness it is sooo beautiful. I don't know the make/brand, but it is quite a heavy cotton, I'm thinking cushions for the bumblebee's daybed, but it's the sort of fabric that......you feel like you can't cut. It's too pretty. But I'm sure I will put it to good use.
Did you notice the Ikea Rosali fabric??? I could not believe my eyes. We were very naughty parents last night, and took the bumblebee's off to Bristol Ikea after school, promising dinner out and a quick sight seeing whistle stop tour of the city. Well..... I think we all know by now, that you can't just pop in and out of Ikea......you just CAN'T..........I thought the rosali fabric was discontinued due to conversations with Cath Kidston? Anyway, I did actually squeak when I saw this duvet cover, lying all alone, on a shelf. It begged me and begged me to take it home, and love it forever. I couldn't say no. They also have lovely matching curtains, and bedspread too....just so you know....


But the real reason to shop was because we kept breaking out garden chairs. I cannot tell you the obscene about of pennies it cost to paint these chairs in Farrow and Ball paint. It makes me feel sick thinking about it.....so I was determined not to have wood again, but rather thought metal a la vintage styleeee would suit better. Alas pennies can't stretch that far, so Ikea won out....and I am super pleased with our bargain £15 each chairs.........




I had Mr.Q scrambling up into shelves to get the colours I wanted while the bumblebee's found an empty isle to sing and dance to whatever was playing over the speakers..........we must have looked a sight!
Four chairs, two stools, and a bag full of bits later, we exited..............and journeyed home, quite late, on a school night, with snoring kiddies in the back......tut tut.......


A cup of tea, a good book, feet up in a new garden chair ( without fear of breaking it and falling off....must exercise this week...just must ) enjoying the sunshine.........what bliss.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. So much to do and so little time.

    Glad the sun is shining with you too and your chairs look lovely.

    Touch wood - we've had our wooden ones for years.


    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found you at jelly jam. I love the toile fabric, it is beautiful. Lucky you finding ikea rosali, i'll look forward to having a browse of your blog, bed is calling now though
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete